Friday, December 28, 2012

C is for Cake

For months now I've battled back and forth on whether or not to do the popular trend "Cake Smash". Usually seeing half naked babies with food smeared all over them is not my style but here I'll make the exception. I feel like the cake almost symbolizes they've graduated into "toddler-hood". Therefore, why shouldn't they get to enjoy it?

We won't have a traditional birthday party for Riley for another week. So having letting him have his cake on his actual birthday made it feel more special. And there's no way I want to pause the party to clean this sort of mess up. He'll just be receiving a small cupcake to celebrate at his party. 

We completely expected him to dive in....head first! However it was a challenge to get him to even get to the cake part. He was less than fond of the sticky blue frosting. Besides moving his legs (and sometimes putting them in the cake!) I've never seen him sit so still so long. The cake plate never moved. But the cake did get massacred! 







No comments:

Post a Comment