Sunday, October 21, 2012

Reflections


Where does time go?

Above is the only picture of my swollen baby bump (that I'm aware of anyways). I was 41 weeks, 1 day pregnant (according to the ultrasounds). I was uncomfortable, having contractions, and getting ready to leave for the hospital. I only asked my husband to take this picture so my child wouldn't question adoption. Now there's proof!

Below is Riley at 41 weeks, 1 day. He's a curious nine month old full of energy. He's growing super fast (which I know people talk about all the time). What people fail to discuss is how much is forgotten!

I've talked about blogging in the past with a few of my best mommy friends. However I never really saw myself doing it until just last night. I try hard to keep up with pictures of Riley and his baby book. But I'm going to be honest...I'm failing. It takes so long to upload, decide, and order pictures. And the baby book, well...it doesn't have places for everything. Actually it just has places for things that I'm sure my grown child won't care so much about.

Therefore I've decided I'm going to give this a go. I've appropriately named my blog Stealing Memories because that's exactly what I intend to do. I'm kicking myself for not starting this sooner so I'm sure lots of my first blogs will be surrounded by the past but of course they'll be so much to blog about in the future too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment